In order to support students with the completion of their homework, the School offers the following:
- The Library is open from 3pm to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday, to allow students to bring and complete their homework.
- The classroom in The Den is open from 3pm to 3:45pm, Monday to Friday, where Learning Support staff are available to support all students with their homework.
- The Library is a peaceful and comfortable place to curl up on a floor cushion and read a book, to do research or revision or to make a start on that homework.
- Students enjoy their regular Library lesson. This is an opportunity to lose themselves in a book, under the guidance of their English teacher or Mrs Rowe, our Librarian. The Accelerated Reader programme ensures students always have a wide range of choice as to reading matter, while also helping them to find books which they will enjoy and which will be appropriate to their reading fluency.
- As we develop our reading programme, we are always keen to further expand our collection of books. We are grateful to the Poringland Allotment Charity for their very generous recent donation which has transformed our non-fiction stock.
- The Library is open to students at break and lunchtime, as well as after school.